Thursday 10 September 2015

First Day of Kindergarten


Dear Anna,

Yesterday was your first day of Kindergarten & you were so excited! I was both excited and sad. Sad because my sidekick is growing up much too fast. Excited because you are so ready for this next adventure and school can give you so much that I can not. 

Your teacher Mrs. M seems wonderful and you can tell that she is in this job with her whole heart and that she will not stop until she succeeds in teaching all of you the ropes. 


You stiffened up as we approached the classroom door but we hugged and I assured you that you were safe. That you were brave and that it is ok to be nervous. Mommy was nervous. Mommy gets nervous all the time when I do something new. The important thing to remember is that you can't let that stop you from trying. 

You are meant for greatness my girl. With a heart as kind and as compassionate as yours I know that you will make a difference in other's lives. It is a beautiful thing. 

I wish you an amazing school year. May you learn, make new friendships and soak it all in like a sponge.

I love you more & more each day and I am so very proud of you.
xoxo, Momma

No comments: