Monday 5 January 2015

One Little Word 2015: Shine


Happy New Year my friends. I have been looking forward to getting back to work here and have lots to share.

First- I am so happy to have a new look. Something fun, fresh and so pretty. This template was purchased from The Art She Makes on Etsy. She did such a great job and even better, she installed everything for me- I am so grateful!
Second- I am excited to share my One Little Word for 2015. Last year I chose Brave and boy did I ever have to be that. I had to be brave and continue to be brave in ways I hadn't imagined. This year I struggled a bit with choosing a word, I analysed everything and everything felt wrong. Then one day about a week and a half ago "shine" popped into my head and I knew I had found it. It was perfect. It pretty much summed up where I want to go and what I want to do this year.

Shine Defined:
- to give off light
- to be very good or successful at an activity
- to give forth or glow with light
- to be unusually animated or bright

I want to Shine in all aspects of my life. Mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually.

- I want to clear out all the clutter to allow the things that matter to come forward and to progress.
- I want to excel in my work. Working from home is so challenging and I have really been struggling, even more so since my Dad past away.
- I want to grow my relationships.
- I want to be healthy & strong.
- I want to step out of my comfort zone and push myself in regards to my health.
- I want to be joyful.
- I want to thrive financially so that I can cut that stress out and afford us trips & relaxation away from home.
- I want to say no and not be guilty.
- I want to find new levels of creativity and commit to sharing my work.
- I want to be confident.
- I want to grow as a Momma and a wife. To give my best self to them.
- I want to explore self care, radical self care. Put myself at the front of the line, the front of the to do list.
- I miss my Dad so much and my heart aches. I want to heal, to find peace.

I am excited. I feel good about these things. What about you, do you have a word? A mantra for the new year. Share it with me here, I 'd love to hear from you.

Pop on over here to learn more about One Little Word: one little word can change everything.

2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

This is lovely Nadine! What a perfect word for you. Mine isn't so...sparkly...but the fact that I found one for myself this year is a miracle unto itself!

Kathleen Ruelling said...

Your new site is beautiful! The colours are so lovely - always makes my heart happy and my soul fed to visit your site. Here's to lots of good things in 2015 - see you soon, friend.
K