Friday 23 January 2015

Heart Shaped "donuts"


Ok- How fabulous are these! I have been finding all sorts of Valentine inspiration to share and these are just the beginning. I use the word- donut quite loosely in this post's title, they're more a muffin than a donut. But there is nothing wrong with a heart shaped muffin. I saw the pan at Home Sense and knew it had to come home with me. I used the donut recipe that came with the pan but would recommend using something else instead as I found these a little dry. Or maybe I cooked them too long? Either way I will use something else next time. I dipped the donuts in a raspberry glaze (1/4c raspberries, 1c icing sugar, 1 tbsp milk) and then sprinkled with heart confetti and sprinkles. This may not be my Favourite recipe but these are adorable & a sweet Valentine treat!



No comments: