Wednesday 30 July 2014

Let's Chat Donuts!

Update: August 11, 2014: For now you will no longer be able to have donut delivery. Mandy has been incredibly successful and has outgrown her kitchen. However, as of August 12, 2014 you will be able to buy her donuts at Whimsical Cake Studio in Edmonton, AB on 8716 109st. HOW EXCITING!

If you know me well, you know that I love donuts! LOVE them. They are my sweet weakness (salty=potato chips)! So when I was introduced to Fricken' Delights Donuts by my good friend Lisa I knew I needed to find me some. If you are local to the Edmonton area you are in for a treat because Mandy from Fricken' Delights is based out of Devon. She and her husband Cory sell her tasty treats at the Old Strathcona Farmers Market every second Saturday- this coming Saturday is her day! (I will be there.) These donuts are vegan & organic and those two words are not hippy dippy bologna, they make the donuts even more awesome! But perhaps the best thing about these donuts other than their "make me drool" taste is that Mandy DELIVERS donuts! Yes, you heard me right. Fricken' Delights delivers donuts to your home or place of work. I die! For $25 I had a dozen assorted donuts delivered to my house! I ate all of them that same day, I confess I only shared a few. 

It is so great to find a local company to support and to fall in love with. Mandy herself is an absolute delight and I admire her dedication and love for what she does. Local and handmade! Two of my favorite things. 
To learn more about these amazing donuts check out their site- Fricken' Delights. To order your own donuts for delivery pop on over to here- Donut Delivery

Let's talk out of town- if you are in Calgary, driving through Calgary you must go to Jelly Modern Doughnuts. If you are driving past Calgary I suggest you drive right downtown instead to try out these donuts! I can hardly handle how much I love their nenshi's salted caramel one.

If a traditional glazed donut is your thing then look no further than the bakery department at Safeway! Hands down the best glazed donut that I have ever eaten... and I have tried many. The sprinkles are for Anna... because according to her the only donut worth eating is one covered in sprinkles. 

Hungry yet friends? Escape the heat, grab a margarita and a donut. You can thank me later.




1 comment:

Mandy said...

Nadine!!!!
How on earth did I miss this???
Thank you so much! You splendid donut lovin' chameleon!
Peace!
Mandy