Product: papers and doily: Kaiser Craft's A Touch of Gold, gold foam words: American Crafts, clips: Freckled Fawn
Monday, 23 November 2015
My Mom used to serve this to my brother & I when we were little and I still love this snack. I don't have an apple coring tool and just use a small knife to cut out the center. I add cinamon to the insdie to help the peanutbutter stick better. I find without it the apple is too wet and the peanut butter just slips around. This is also good with coconut or nuts sprinkled on top after you slice it up.
- Core an apple
- Sprinkle cinnamon inside.
- Fill center with peanut butter
- Slice apple, sprinkle with more cinnamon.
Friday, 20 November 2015
I have been teaching cards for Treasured Memories now for almost 6 years! It's hard to believe that I started out doing this begrudgingly and then quickly changed my tune and fell in love with card making and teaching these classes. I have made hundreds of demo cards. Some I keep to give away but I sell most of them at the store. I thought it would be fun to share a card and it's instructions here every Friday. I will share my card which you will basically use as a sketch to create your own. Any papers will work and any theme will do. Yours can be Christmas or birthday or anniversary, anything goes. Just pick your papers and get to work.
For this card I have used Pink Paislee's Yuletide collection.
- Cardstock: 6 x 10 ½, fold
- Background Pattern Paper: 5 x 5 ¾, do not add yet
- Pocket Pattern Paper: 2¼ x 5, add adhesive to the bottom and both sides and adhere in place creating a pocket
- Pattern paper strip: trim to 3x1, cut in a V on one end and add
- pattern paper strip: ½ x 2 ¾, cut in a V on one end and add
- 1¾" - 2" circle with sentiment either already on paper or add with a stamp. Add this circle with 3D adhesive foam
- Create 2 tags from pattern paper: 2x3, punch out a hole for each
- Add 2 pieces of twine or ribbon, one tag here has a small jingle bell added as well
- add tags to pockets
- You can now add this all to your cardstock to finish off your card
Tip: instead of tags you can add gift cards to the pocket to celebrate someone special
Wednesday, 18 November 2015
Join me next Thursday, November 26 for this card class featuring the Whiteout collection from Bo Bunny. These papers are beautiful and the first collection from Bo Bunny that has glitter- yes!!! I created these cards without sentiments as they are perfect for multiple occasions, from the holidays to birthdays. Sentiments can simply be added to the inside to complete your cards. For all the class details pop on over here.This class is also offered as a take home kit complete with product, instructions and photos.
Tuesday, 17 November 2015
Every Tuesday I hope to share layout(s) with you in this space. It gives me a goal and then encourages me to get into all my product and create. I scrapbook because I love capturing moments and freezing them for another time. I love pattern paper, color & photos and turning them into something beautiful. My hope is that you discover some inspiration here and get your own creative hands busy.
product: Crate Paper
product: My Mind's Eye
Thursday, 12 November 2015
Where does the time go!
Today you turn 5 and I could not be more excited for you and your future.
You came into our lives and added so much happiness, magic & love.
I had no idea how much a tiny baby could turn a world upside down. There are bad days, good days, medium days & amazing days and I am grateful for all of it. Not a day goes by where I don't thank the Universe for choosing us to be your parents.
- you love playing Mom's & Babies
- you can negotiate with the best of them
- you are SO funny
- you ask to go to Starbucks when you're having a bad day "that will make me feel better"
- you love magic, fairies and believing when others choose not to
- you love potty talk and the words poop, bum and fart are quite possible the funniest words in the English language.
- your smile turns heads and lights up a room
- you are compassionate, caring and kind
- you are forgiving
- you encourage others to keep going
- you have a temper and can stomp a serious foot
- your favorite show is Wild Kratts
- your favorite foods include fries, chicken nuggets, tomatoes, cucumbers, apples, anything chocolate, popcorn, corn & grapes. Some days you insist that you no longer like whatever I am feeding you, which your Dad & I enjoy immensely. ;-]
- you love the outdoors & animals
Happy Birthday Anna!
You make me so happy and being your Momma is the greatest joy.
Have a magical day Sweet Girl.